Writer for a living abroad website
Expats in New Zealand
Hiring a writer for a long-term position for an expat website about living in New Zealand.
This project requires a writer who is Kiwi or lives or has lived in New Zealand, so will have an understanding of how things work here.
The work entails writing informative articles about all things New Zealand, including moving to NZ, immigration, cost of living, housing, finances, insurances, work, etc.
This role requires good research skills and knowledge about New Zealand and how things work here. It also will help if you are from Australia or have lived there.
You should have some knowledge around personal finance, real estate, banking, and shopping in New Zealand. MoneyHub is a similar website. Ninaoutandabout.ca is another excellent example of the website and writing style I am looking for.
The main readership is already in New Zealand or looking into moving to NZ from the US, the UK, Australia, and Canada.
· The workload is 8 articles per month which might increase in the future.
· The pay for each article is 70 USD, the pay will rise with the time
· Article length depends on the article’s type but is generally between 1,000 – 2,500 words.
· For an experienced writer, one article will take between 2 to 5 hours to write.
· I provide detailed content briefs, including all headings and subheadings.
· Writing style is more friendly, less formal, and should be easy to understand for an average user (30 – 45 years old male). Look at the examples of websites provided.
· The content must be original and written by doing comprehensive research and applying your own knowledge. In some instances, it would be great if you can attach original photos.
Articles target primarily foreigners living in NZ. It’s a remote position with all communication via email. Payment in the US$ via Wise, Paypal, or directly to your NZ bank account.
If you are interested, please send some examples of your writing and your experience of living in NZ or Australia.