TELFER PARTNERS: Learning Design Manager – Online Programme Management
Our client, an innovative and ambitious publisher of a wide range of interactive and online academic training courses is looking to recruit a Learning Design Manager who will be responsible for the management and training of Learning Designers. Working closely with the Product and Digital teams the role will support the development and delivery of high-quality content.
Learning Design Manager: Key responsibilities
- Line manage a team of Learning Designers
- Provide training and guidance to the Learning Design team on pedagogical approaches and methodologies during product development, and ensure that products are consistently high quality
- Providing support with editorial tasks during key stages of product development, including collating review feedback, making text changes to built content in HTML, and bug checking
- Responsible for best practice and use of the project management software, including creating and managing schedules
- Lead regular scheduling meetings with the Product and Digital teams to review projects and ensure on time and budget delivery
- Support the Head of Product with continuous improvement of workflows
- Compile and maintain a list of external publishing services providers and rates, and manage template supplier agreements. Allocate work to vendors and formalize agreements on receipt of brief from Learning Design team
- Implement accessibility improvements to the course portfolio as needed
- Work with the Head of Product to develop and oversee procedures for UX content testing
- Develop and implement a schedule of regular product corrections and updates, for agreement with the Head of Product and Product Managers, and with the support of the Product Support Assistant.
Learning Design Manager Skills/experience
- Solid understanding of the principles of eLearning and pedagogical approaches
- Excellent editorial skills
- Strong understanding of product development methods and practices, ideally in a higher education or academic context
- Experience of developing online courses
- Strong project management and co-ordination skills; ability to manage complex schedules with often competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to work with external contractors, including the ability to write project briefs, manage and build positive relationships, and keep projects on track
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, being persuasive and/or flexible when needed
- Strong time management skills and an ability to prioritise effectively.
A competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package is offered.
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 845. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme – Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equality Policy – Telfer Partners is committed to upholding a professional and impartial recruitment process. Our Equal Opportunities policy ensures that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, religion, age, disability, or union membership status.