SEO Project Manager
As a member of our Growth team, you’ll help our Head of Growth execute large-scale, high-impact SEO campaigns.
You’ll learn all of the best practices we use again and again to take projects from 0 to 100,000+ organics/month.
We don’t work on dozens of projects. We work with a handful of brands that are, or want to be category leaders, including some brands you’ve heard of. The work that you do will be impactful and visible.
We have a track record of taking entry-level team members and developing them into department heads. We’re organized, we have repeatable playbooks, and we’re looking for team members that want to rapidly up-skill their careers.
What you will work on
- Developing content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Tracking projects and providing regular reports on project status to the project team and key stakeholders
- Defining project objectives, project scope, roles, and responsibilities.
- Providing recommendations and support in the development of content strategy.
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on website analytics.
- Executing SEO processes, including keyword research, topic selection, internal link implementation, and technical SEO tasks.
- Conducting competition analysis and derivation of trends.
- Attending and contributing to internal team meetings and external meetings with clients
- Tracking action items assigned to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support team members in executing client-facing deliverables.
Experience and Capabilities
If you don’t fulfill all requirements, don’t worry — we’re looking for Junior PMs too!
- 3+ years of work experience in content marketing and SEO
- Proven track record of successful SEO campaigns
- Work experience in Project Management or Account Management
- Advanced skills in data analysis via Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Extensive experience in doing keyword research and creating content calendars and strategies
- Proficiency in the English language
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work with minimal supervision in a collaborative and positive team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A collaborative team player who values the success of the whole team, in addition to their own success
- Able to work during CET hours (at least partly)
- Experience in running off-site digital PR campaigns
- Compensation band: $2,000 – $2,250
- 38 days of PTO
- Paid maternity/paternity leave after 2 years of employment
- Hands-on experience working on large-scale SEO campaigns
- Work with a team that has taken 5 projects from 0 to 100,000+ organics/month
- Small team environment that gives you the ability to stand out and make a big impact
- Flexible work schedule
Your first 3 months
First 30 days
- Get set up and running on all company systems
- Read our Values
- Read content on our blog and our YouTube channel
- Receive the onboarding timeline and start training with your manager
- Begin attending internal meetings, taking notes, and sending recaps
- Onboard onto two of our projects
- Meet with the leadership team
First 90 days
- Begin doing keyword research and topic selection
- Run your first SEO Audit
- Start attending client meetings, taking notes, and sending recaps
- Run your first analytics report
- Write 5 SOP
- Self-report your work via sprints
- Begin demonstrating Content Distribution Values
- Master note-taking and meeting recaps
First 180 days
- Demonstrate Content Distribution Values
- Independently execute on core deliverables including Keyword research, Topic Selection, Project documentation, and other
- Write 10 SOPs
Please include links leading to your CV (mandatory) and your writing/editing portfolio (optional) in the portfolio fields in the application form.
Content Distribution provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.