PwC: RERP Operations Business Analyst – 12m FTC
About the Team
The Reward, Employee Relations and Performance (RERP) team is a centre of excellence within the People Function and is part of the Business Solutions line of service. RERP oversees, refines and refreshes the Total Reward, Benefits and Performance strategy and policy framework, as well as the Employee Relations strategy and policy framework. We ensure that these are in line with market leading benchmarks and global practice, setting the strategic direction on Reward and Benefits as part of the Deal for our people . We also lead on many projects throughout the year and strive to enhance stakeholder and people experience through the strategic use of people technologies, simplified and consistent policies and processes, automation and data analytics and insights.
The Operations Analyst will report to the RERP Operations Leader and has close working relationships across the RERP team and the wider People Function.
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate will help us to deliver operational solutions, activities and continuous improvement smoothly across our areas of responsibility. As an analyst your role will be to work with our Operations Leader, other People Function teams and key stakeholders to support the planning and implementation of cyclical Performance and Reward activities across the firm, alongside day to day activities within our team. You will also support the ongoing evaluation of our business processes and tools, uncovering areas for improvement and helping to develop and implement solutions within our team or more widely, often engaging with SMEs from other teams to achieve this. We strive for continuous improvement through simplification, automation and changes to ways of working.
You will also work closely with our SMEs to evaluate changes to the tools and technology we use (notably, Workday and Power BI) to understand the impact of these on our processes and to provide the Operations Leader with recommendations on the best course of action to adapt to these. You will develop your knowledge so that you can act as an intermediary between end-users and SMEs and support the delivery of practical and creative problem solving that understands customer/business needs.
You will also be an escalation point for incidents within the processes or technology, supporting stakeholder communication and liaising with SMEs to ensure root causes of issues are addressed in the current cycle and avoided in future cycles.
- Becoming an SME on our tools and cyclical activities, offering regular insight to identify opportunities for improvement, optimisation and transformation
- Working with the Operations Lead to deliver projects and day to day activities to plan
- Documenting the current ‘As Is’ using process maps and, where improvements are identified, presenting back to stakeholders ‘to be’ and options for improvement
- Considering business requirements against the current processes and assisting in the development and/or implementation of improvements
- Co-ordinating project inputs and monitoring key milestones to highlight any risks or slippage
- Ensure project plans and trackers are kept up to date
- Attending regular project and stakeholder meetings
- Building trusted relationships within the team and across the wider People Function teams
- Preparation and manipulation of data used in Performance and Reward cycles
- Assisting with the development of update or new training materials (packs, videos, how to guides) to ensure stakeholders have a clear understanding of how to use current and new functionality in Workday
- Participate in testing of new and existing technical functions/tools (Workday, Bots, Power BI) before they are deployed
We have team members currently in London, Birmingham and Reading. You will be expected to travel to your base office for some of your time and to other office locations when required. You can be based at any of the PwC office locations in the UK.
Skills and Experience Required
We’re looking for a candidate with excellent technical skills and strong relationship management abilities, with a consultative approach to problem solving. You will also need an excellent eye for detail, the ability to meet key deadlines and to manage the delivery of a range of activities. We are a team who often need to adapt to changing requirements so you should be agile with change and eager to adopt new ways of working and learn new skills.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise projects and work to deadlines and to work with multiple projects/stakeholders simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a track record of working professionally and collaboratively as part of a wider team
- Able to influence others to ensure they meet agreed deadlines and deliverables
- A curiosity/interest in challenging existing processes and using the firms digital tools to improve ways of working
- Intermediate to advanced analytic skills (using excel and Google sheets, including formulas and conditionals)
- An analytical and sceptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to problems
- Strong data management skills, able to confidently handle, manipulate and analyse confidential information
- Ability to critically evaluate information, assess impact and make recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively use online collaboration tools e.g. G-suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates agility and adaptation in an ever changing landscape
- Willingness to learn new skills
- An understanding/awareness of HC processes that relate to performance and reward
- Previous experience of analysing, mapping and documenting processes
- Workday systems knowledge and understanding
- Alteryx skills
- Power BI or other data visualisation experience
- Use of query management tool such as Service Now