PwC: Product Owner
As a Product Owner, you will act as a conduit between stakeholders & functional/technical teams for their respective product(s) and support Product Managers in executing against the product vision, business requirements, & customer’s needs. Working closely with a team of multi-disciplined problem solvers, manage the product through its life cycle, & accountable for the product teams to plan, sequence, & decompose work, aligning sprint outcomes to requirements, & escalating as needed.
- Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma
- Minimum Years of Experience: 4 year(s) of experience in Product Management and/or related experience.
- Degree Preferred: Bachelor Degree
- Preferred Fields of Study: Information Technology
- Certification(s) Preferred: Agile and/or Scrum Master certifications
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader
Job Description Data
- Demonstrating prior experience in cloud-based collaboration platforms such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace;
- Demonstrating familiarity with software development tools such as AzureDevOps (ADO); Possessing technical expertise in the areas of Agile Software development;
- Facilitating onboarding and enablement of new cloud-based technology platforms/services to understand customers’ needs;
- Supporting creation of thought leadership and whitepapers to define the product strategy and vision;
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology; Translating product features into well-defined user stories and acceptance test criteria; Owning, prioritizing, and maintaining the product backlog for assigned products;
- Drafting and iterating user stories in the product backlog with the scrum team;
- Managing epics, features, and user stories to be completed by delivery teams aligned to the product’s vision;
- Collaborating with the Product Management team on roadmap prioritization; Coordinating with the Scrum Master and Tech Lead on priorities, approach, and delivery, while driving alignment with delivery teams; Aligning deliverables to business requirements and acceptance criteria; Applying knowledge of user-centred design principles and a customer-first mindset;
- Applying user experience (UX) design and product design to meet customer expectations; Engaging in articulate and persuasive verbal and written communication; and,
- Applying analytics and reporting tools to articulate metrics, insights, and opportunities.