PLACE 2 BE: Internal Communications Manager
PLACE 2 BE
About The Role
Job Title: Internal Communications Manager
Reporting to: Head of Communications
Location: Flexible working – 50/50 split between homeworking, and 175 St John Street, Farringdon
Salary: £36,000 (pro rata)
Hours: 35 hours (but would consider part time)
We’re looking for an experienced Internal Communications professional to join our Communications and Marketing Team. This role represents an exciting opportunity to work with a charity that has real impact on the lives of children, young people and their families.
Overall purpose of the role:
To deliver and continually develop Place2Be’s internal communications strategy, focusing on engaging and informing colleagues, and Counsellors on Placement who are geographically dispersed across the UK. To encourage a two-way dialogue, enabling teams to have a voice and feel heard and valued. To oversee our employee-facing email programmes and intranet, ensuring colleagues can easily access the right information, at the right time. To continuously evaluate and gather feedback about what works and to share this knowledge with the wider Communications, Marketing and Digital team, and People and Culture team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from diverse backgrounds.
The successful candidate:
- Lead the delivery, evaluation and ongoing development of Place2Be’s internal communications strategy to drive our strategy, vision and values
- Collaborate with the Director of People and Culture, the People Experience & Development Team, and Head of Communications to develop and deliver internal communications and engagement plans
- Work closely with Communications and Marketing team to ensure internal communications are consistent with the brand, tone of voice and wider communications strategies
- Build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels across Place2Be
- Carry out other relevant responsibilities or duties to support the wider Marketing and Communications Team.
- Be highly organised and diligent, able to prioritise a busy workload and manage multiple deadlines
- Have a genuine passion for improving children’s mental health, and a commitment to our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity
- Significant experience in internal communications
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing for web / email
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to confidently support and influence people at all levels
- Experience using email marketing systems (e.g Mailchimp) and sound understanding of best practice
- Understanding of website usability (UX) and user focus
Interview Date: 15th August, 2023.
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
Place2Be is the leading children’s mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. The charity currently provides an embedded mental health service in 500 UK primary and secondary schools supporting a school community of around 243,000 children and young people.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the comprehensive CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) system.
Through our professional development programme, we are training around 1,200 Counsellors on Placement each year who build their mental health and counselling skills and experience through practice in our partner schools. We also provide a range of professional development programmes on mental health and wellbeing for school leaders, teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build ‘mentally healthy’ schools and communities where all children can thrive and flourish.
We continue to pilot, trial and explore new ways in which we can develop our practice as well as share learning, expertise and findings from the robust evidence and evaluation we gather. HRH The Princess of Wales is our Royal Patron and Place2Be is one of the founding charity partners of Heads Together. We also work collaboratively with a range of charities and expert organisations to leverage best-in-class knowledge and expertise to inform, develop and improve outcomes for the children, families and schools we support. We ask our staff team to share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, and to have the skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable children and families.
We believe that how we approach our work is as important as the work itself. Our four key values shape everything we do:
- Compassion – We bring empathy and kindness to all we do, to better understand and meet the needs of children and young people, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Integrity – We demonstrate sound ethical values in all our work, and we are honest, transparent, courageous and authentic.
- Perseverance – We have the courage to continue in the face of adversity and do this with determination to find effective solutions.
- Creativity – We bring an open-minded approach and flexibility to our thinking and actions and enable others to do the same.