NATIONAL TRUST: Integration Engineer
Our team are responsible for centrally managing the integration and provision of data across the National Trust’s IT landscape, using modern tools to deliver data to where it is needed, making sure it is done securely, efficiently, and strategically. We work in a varied environment using a range of skills, methodologies, and leading solutions to deliver business benefits for the Trust.
You’ll play a vital role in ensuring seamless integration and interoperability of systems, applications, and data. You will design, develop, and maintain integration solutions that facilitate the exchange of information and functionality across different platforms and technologies. You will be working as part of a multi-skilled team of data and integration engineers, testers, and support staff. With collaboration with cross-functional teams including software developers, system administrators and business stakeholders you’ll implement robust and scalable architectures to support the operational goals.
You’ll collaborate with stakeholders to understand integration requirements and translate them into technical design specifications. You will design Integration architectures and patterns that promote reusability, scalability and flexibility and will implement data mapping, transformation, and validation rules to ensure accuracy and consistency of integrated data.
You’ll establish monitoring mechanisms to proactively identify integration failures, performance bottlenecks and data inconsistencies. You’ll also be monitoring integration processes, analysing logs and implementing improvements to optimise system performance and reliability.
You don’t need to have all the knowledge, skills and experience listed in the role profile; this is just to show a full picture of what is possible in this role.
• Advanced knowledge of integration technologies and platforms, such as Enterprise Service Buses (ESBs), message queues, API gateways and integration middleware
• Proficiency in SQL and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
• Understanding of programming languages such as Python or Java
• Understanding of web services, RESTful APIs, SOAP and other integration protocols
• Familiarity with data mapping, transformation and ETL concepts
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies and working within a Scrum or Kanban environment
• Experience in designing and implementing integration solutions
• Technical Experience in Azure Integration Services, MSSQL, Salesforce Data Cloud Advert