JPMorgan Chase & Co: UX Researcher
JPMorgan Chase & Co
The EPiX Engineers Platform and integrated Experience is a growing team of product, engineering and UX talent focused on creating best in class environments for over 50,000 technologists across the firm. Your role will be to identify opportunities to evangelize and use modern user-centered and product research practices alongside product teams, product line leaders and/or strategic enablement groups. You will help them ground their product development through high value UX strategies that result in measurable user outcomes.
Agile and a continuous discovery mindset is in your blood, you can turn something squishy into an actionable validated plan with multiple strong-minded stakeholders’ engagement. You thrive in constantly learning and educating your colleagues from any background around your process and learning, whilst executing as a team. You believe in building powerful, candid relationships and don’t flinch at the thought of drastically pivoting and starting all over again-you constantly question your own assumptions of what’s possible.
- Dive into knowledge, whether it be complex documentation or research activities to quickly learn highly technical domains and problem spaces
- Orchestrate and facilitate thoughtfully planned design thinking workshops and activities that move the team from questions and assumptions to clearly stated business needs and powerful human-centered problems or to help diverse stakeholders (internal and external, across functions and leadership levels) move from misalignment to a shared strategy.
- Map out complex cross-product, cross-ecosystem and multi-persona experiences with teams and stakeholders, to help clearly move an ‘as-is’ state, into an ‘ideal’ state
- Create and execute research plans that leverage different methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, meta-analysis, systems thinking, behavioral science, etc.) yet achieve the highest quality standards (peer reviews, ethical research standards) that deliver actionable recommendations, insights and feed a research roadmap
- Engage diverse stakeholders to reflect along with your team on your process, learnings to activate the highest possible empathy and awareness for users’ through compelling storytelling and rituals
- Demonstrate your expert organizational and interpersonal skills to project-manage in collaborative, multi-effort ecosystems with diverse teams-as well as independently-scoping incoming requests and needs.
- Contribute to UX ops and best practices by mentoring, sharing your skills with peers and volunteering to uplift the quality and consistency of our experience artifacts, shared repositories and evolving our research and measurement practices
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Advanced applied practical user research experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in qualitative & quantitative methods such as usability studies and evaluations, formative vs. summative studies, benchmarking, cognitive walkthroughs, card sorts, and survey design and can run data analytics and basic statistical testing using common tools such as Figma, Optimal Workshop, UserZoom, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, CSATS, etc.
- Plan, design, execute, synthesize and story-tell research studies, producing associated artifacts (e.g. screeners, discussion guides, toplines, etc.) and creating or informing common UX artifacts that convey findings such as Personas, User Journeys, Service Blueprints, research reports and insight decks
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Hands on experience integrating research with agile and/or lean methodologies
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities to balance priorities across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps and portfolio delivery and solve for competing priorities
- Strong inductive and deductive skills to analyze insights from highly complex information into the appropriate level of synthesis to inform actionable strategies. Leveraging storytelling, abstractions, data visualizations and/or diagrams to make outputs accessible to diverse audiences.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Knowledge of industry standard development tooling (Jenkins, Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Experience or understanding of DevOps concepts, other engineer experiences and/or highly technical domains, so that you can untangle complex problems to delivery across the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in related discipline or field such as interactive design, product management, design strategy, service design, product management, behavioral product design and/or market research is a plus.
- Advanced data visualization and analytics skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human computer interaction, cognitive psychology, anthropology, design research, or related field
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.