JPMorgan Chase & Co: UI/UX Lead Software Engineer
JPMorgan Chase & Co
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what’s possible.
As a UI/UX Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Control, Compliance & Regulatory team in Corporate Technology, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designers, technologists and business experts to create new products aligned with the business goal
- Engage with clients to proactively identify areas of improving user experience. Perform analysis and synthesis to propose design solutions.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational efficiency
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Mentor and guide junior UI/UX developers in an agile work environment.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s) (Python / Java)
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry and their IT systems
- Developing user-facing experiences with Python, Java, React, TypeScript and experience working with UX/UI and Visual Design teams
- Experience with user orchestration/workflow/case management techniques
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with Citizen Development and Business Intelligence, Visualization and Reporting Tools
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of agile methodologies
- Ideal candidate has a passion for business products and influencing the business tech space with innovative ideas and creative thinking
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.