JPMorgan Chase & Co: Senior User Experience Researcher, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co
Putting our users and their needs first remains the top goal for our User Experience team. As a User Experience Researcher, you’ll be responsible for project work as well as helping shape the direction of our teams. Working as a valued member of a multidisciplinary design team, you’ll be involved in complex projects combining exceptional craft in working through the details of an experience with good problem-solving and communication skills. You are a master with organizing and planning research, as well as collaborating with other researchers, designers, product managers, and developers to create experiences that marry the best of user, business and technology thinking.
Simply put, we are looking for someone with extensive research experience, a towering intellect, uncompromising talent, and supreme organizational ability. And of course, you have to be fun to work with and get along well with really cool people.
- Structure and plan simple evaluative research initiatives that address the Enterprise Technology team needs
- Design, administer, and report on these research studies, producing associated materials (e.g., screeners, discussion guides, toplines, etc.) with some guidance
- Support generative and formative research
- Present work, and the rationale behind research findings, to the Enterprise Technology leadership
- Take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis—complete with a specific method and tasks that appropriately respond to research, project, and business objectives
- Help non-researchers (Product Designers, Content Designers, Product Managers) in taking part in user research work
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of user experience research tools and techniques (e.g., generative research planning and executing, interviews, usability testing, benchmarking, card sorts, etc.), and know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Sciences, Anthropology, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university.
- Compelling experiences conducting or studying research, with at least ~6 months of post-academia experience conducting UX research or conducting research in the digital space.
- A balance of empathy, productivity, and a passion for elegant, simple design.
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with stakeholders and senior executives- write, speak, and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings.
- Experience across multiple teams and release cycles working closely with design, product management, and development to realize experiences designs using agile.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Master’s, Ph.D. or other terminal degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Sciences or related discipline from a major accredited college or university.
- Understanding of quantitative methodologies including survey design and analysis (in Excel, R or equivalent)
- Interest or previous experience working in Financial Services or Fintech.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.