JPMorgan Chase & Co: Manager of Software Engineering
JPMorgan Chase & Co
This is your chance to change the path of your career and guide your team to success at one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
As a Manager of Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase within the Asset Wealth Management (AWM), specifically the AWM Tech & Ops team you will lead your team and manage day-to-day implementation activities by identifying and escalating issues and ensuring your team’s work adheres to compliance standards, business requirements, and tactical best practices.
- Combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology
- Provides guidance to immediate team of software engineers on daily tasks and activities
- Sets the overall guidance and expectations for team output, practices, and collaboration
- Anticipates dependencies with other teams to deliver products and applications in line with business requirements
- Manages stakeholder relationships and the team’s work in accordance with compliance standards, service level agreements, and business requirements
- Creates a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for the team members and prioritizes diverse representation
- Develop high performing, dynamic, team and help them minimise impediments to development progress
- Manage the resources in the scrum teams under your control – hire and work with assigned Agile Team Leads, as well as conducting reviews
- Utilize your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, you will lead by example within your team, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
- Understand the legacy system being decommissioned, develop the new platform to facilitate the transition as well as providing support for both legacy and strategic platform with end users.
- Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience leading technology projects
- Experience managing technologists
- Proficient in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and expertise in technology disciplines
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming with experience in Spring and SpringBoot.
- Strong relational database and SQL proficiency including stored procedures
- Unit Testing, Mocking, Performance Testing (e.g. Junit, Mokito, Blazemeter)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical cloud native experience
- Familiarity with front-end technologies
- Monitoring Tools (e.g. Splunk, Dynatrace, Grafana, etc)
- Knowledge of modern architectures based on micro-services, REST APIs and event-based architecture
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.