JPMorgan Chase & Co: Enterprise Agility Lead/ Agile Coach
JPMorgan Chase & Co
As an Agile Coach / Enterprise Agility Lead you will be comfortable coaching and supporting Scrum Teams and Multiple Scaled Scrum Teams, as a Team of Teams. You will seamlessly move from coaching those Feature Teams on their Scrum Technique to advising Leadership on the best Operating Models, and Scaled Agility approaches. You will be experienced in coaching multiple Feature Teams at the same time, alongside the tools and the techniques required to deploy Agility at Scale. Continuous Improvement is a key skill and you must be able to foster that attitude within the teams you coach. This role requires a pragmatic approach to the application of Agility in the Enterprise as well as a high level of comfort in adapting approaches to fit the needs of the teams you work with, and the wider business.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We’re excited to see what you’ll bring to our team.
- Work with the product line’s Managing Director and Leadership Team, supporting the transformation of the organization to a product-centric operating model
- Create and lead an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue, clear communication, and productive solutions for resolving hurdles or conflicts. Contribute and collaborate on ideas to help the team(s) attain high performance.
- Facilitate and train groups of 30 or more and coach multiple teams across the product line
- Appreciate the depths of Agile practices and principles, and help teams appreciate them
- Partner with the product owners and scrum masters to align teams with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Teach systems thinking and servant leadership
- Champion continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coach organization to conduct continuous improvement events
- Communicate organizational impediments to leadership; help clear and course correct
- Coach product owners in creation and maintenance of the product backlog, including empirical planning
- Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instill the same in the teams you coach
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with Agile and Scrum frameworks and their application in product development and delivery organizations
- Solid understanding of one or more Scaled Agile Frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS, or Scrum at Scale
- Fundamental understanding of DevOps and DevOps Techniques
- Possess an executive presence and ability to asses, coach, and mentor multiple teams across the product
- In-depth knowledge of industry-wide technology strategies alongside ability to collaborate with and influence people across various levels
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels as well as leverage capabilities across the firm to support business needs
- Preferred tool experience: JIRA, JIRA Align, Lucid spark and Confluence
This position is based within the Glasgow office with expectations of 3 days in-office. We are open to applicants residing currently in the UK & open to relocation to Glasgow region (if applicable).
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.