INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS: Senior Data Analyst
INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst for a fixed period of 18 months who has the technical skills and knowledge base to collate, analyse and visualise complex data sets to evidence issues and strengthen our understanding of the physics landscape in the UK and Ireland, and wider.
What will I be doing?
- Collecting and analysing data from a wide range of sources and using data analysis skills to produce data insights.
- Developing processes governing what data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and used.
- Designing and refining complex data workflows to enable the end-to-end analysis of detailed data sets.
Projects you work on may include:
- Our work to shape the physics debate in science and innovation, as well as strategic organisational priorities.
- Analysis of external data sets such as UKRI funding data and business data.
- Analysis of internal data sets such as IOP membership data and IOP awards data.
Who will I work with?
- Internally the role works across departments e.g., Science and Innovation, Policy, Learning and Skills, Membership and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- IOP Members including committees.
- External stakeholders
Ideally, we hope you’ll apply if your skills include:
- Experience as a Data Analyst, Senior Data Analyst or equivalent.
- Data analytics experience – ideally Python and/or Alteryx Designer
- Data visualisation experience – Tableau and/or Power BI
Nice to have
- An understanding of the science research and funding landscape in the UK and Ireland.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Alongside your CV, please ensure you include a cover letter stating how you meet the person specification.
How will I be working?
The Institute of Physics is an inclusive employer and our people are at the heart of our approach to delivery. Following the impact of COVID-19, we have developed a new, innovative and exciting trust-based model of flexible working called How We Work. This empowers our staff to choose both individually and as a team how, when and where they work to deliver the goals of the organisation, acknowledging that there will be occasions where in-person meetings, collaborations and events will help generate greater impact. The How We Work initiative is based on the principles of collaboration, trust, flexibility and agility. You will be allocated a ‘base’ office which can also be a chosen place of work.
Why should I want to work for the IOP?
As well as a competitive salary and professional development opportunities, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- An excellent pension scheme – (up to 12% company contribution)
- Private medical insurance , gym membership, life assurance, dental insurance, health care cash plan (via salary sacrifice) eye care vouchers, annual flu vaccinations, long service awards, employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave (25 days starting as a standard plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Company closure between Christmas and New Year and much more!
To apply for this role please click the link below, best of luck with your applications!
The Institute of Physics is an open and inclusive organisation that welcomes and celebrates diversity.