CANCER RESEARCH UK: Senior Transformation Project Manager
CANCER RESEARCH UK
At Cancer Research UK, we exist to beat cancer.
We are professionals with purpose, beating cancer every day. But we need to go much further and much faster. That’s why we’re looking for someone talented, someone innovative and ambitious, someone like you.
We’re looking for a Senior Transformation Project Manager to join our project team focusing on one of Cancer Research UK’s 5 objectives within our long-term strategy – Engage. Engage: We inspire millions to join with us in our mission”.
You can find out in more detail here , however the engage strategy centres around a transformation to better harness data and digital technology to deliver more relevant, trusted frictionless experiences for our audiences and in turn drive contribution growth.
This role will be working with the PMO Delivery Lead and key stakeholders to project manage the Future of Marketing focus area (where work is matrixed and delivered across multiple directorates, teams, and initiatives) of the Engage transformation. It will ensure that the overall delivery (of required technology, data, and business change) remains on track to achieve objectives and is appropriately governed. Facilitating teamwork and collaboration, providing quality engagement of stakeholders, and managing time frames and budgets to an excellent level of quality.
If you are a Transformation Project Manager or Change Project Manager, who is experienced using Agile methodology we would love to hear from you. You don’t need to have a charity background however an understanding of marketing and digital would be beneficial in this role.
What will I be doing?
- Facilitate an end-to-end approach to delivery. Including the day-to-day projects activity and teams, ensuring effective collaboration and planning, including but not limited to: Scheduling necessary meetings and workshops , ensuring timelines are produced, updated & shared with the relevant groups, supporting on the creation of key deliverables e.g., reporting and identifying delivery issues and highlighting these as appropriate
- Develop clear plans, including clear deliverables, milestones, dependencies, owners, risks, issues, and mitigations. Coordinate the relevant stakeholders to ensure actions are prioritised and progressed at pace.
- Lead the day-to-day project activity and team ensuring effective collaboration and planning.
- Manage project budgets, forecasting and tracking external and internal project resources, providing regular reporting on project cost, benefits, and status.
- Collaborate with Sponsor, Business Owner(s) and project team to clearly define project vision, outcomes, key milestones, decisions, and project roadmap
- Work closely with engage transformation teams, senior leaders, and stakeholders, supporting them in advance of meetings and workshops as needed.
- Apply an Agile mindset to effectively deliver a range of complex projects,
- Identify and plan project resource needs, governance, and structure.
What skills are you looking for?
- Significant experience in project management , specifically delivering using Agile Methodology.
- Ability to leads and motivate project teams and act as a role model
- Experience or familiarity with transformation programmes and projects.
- Good stakeholder management skills, and the ability to navigate and influence across complex matrix-management structures (including Senior level)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills working to challenging targets and deadlines
- Calm, confident, and articulate communicator who can concisely communicate complex information and concepts with all colleagues.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to quickly extract & articulate key points.
- Experience of working with Marketing teams would be advantageous
What will I gain?
Each and every one of our employees contributes to our progress and is supporting our work to beat cancer. We think that’s impressive.
In return, we make sure you are supported by a generous benefits package, a wide range of career and personal development opportunities and high-quality tools, policies and processes to enable you to do your job well.
Our benefits package includes a substantial retirement plan, a generous and flexible leave allowance, discounts on anything from travel to technology, gym membership, and much more.
We don’t forget people have lives outside of work too and so we actively encourage a flexible working culture.
Our work – from funding cutting-edge research to developing public policy – will change the world. It’s exciting to be part of our team.