American Songwriter – Trending Touring/Concert Music News Writer [Part Time]
Job Title – Trending Touring/Concert Music News Writer [Part Time]
American Songwriter is looking for a creative, thorough, and detail-oriented Trending Touring/Concert Music News Writer to join our editorial team. Must be able to self-edit work, complete assignments on time, and write effectively and quickly for multiple formats.
The Trending Touring/Concert Music News Writer’s responsibilities include creating digital content that is readable, accurate, and ready for publication, and generating ideas for touring related new content, and touring news stories, on a tight deadline. A large part of this role is crafting touring announcements.
A successful candidate will have broad knowledge that spans all entertainment trends/news and other elements of music and pop culture. This position sometimes requires some evening and weekend hours. Ultimately, you’ll be creating quality written pieces that appeal to our audience and boost traffic.
- Write multiple touring news articles daily—producing well-researched content for publication online and meeting daily, weekly, monthly volume goals
- Communicate regularly with managers
- Write clear, concise copy in a timely manner
- Build stories/news in WordPress VIP + YOAST
- Proofread and edit posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Work closely with a writing team, including content writers and editors
- Working closely with management to scale traffic via editorial
- Follow an editorial calendar and assignment management system, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Availability for up to 15hrs/week [weighted to days with more tour announcements]
- Need to be very on top of touring news – we need to get stories out ASAP
- Excellent writing and editing skills – strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and hit goals consistently
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little daily supervision
- Ability to work/write quickly and efficiently
- Extensive knowledge of, and passion for entertainment news and pop culture that extends beyond work hours and office walls
- Willingness and ability to write 7+ articles in a single shift
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
The position reports to the Managing Editor and is remote.
- Apply via the provided link
- Include links to your portfolio pieces in the portfolio URL field
- Include a link to your LinkedIn in the associated field
- Include a link to your resume in the CV field along with why you are a good fit for this job